Fair Market Value Appraisals
A Fair Market Value Appraisal can be performed to meet many different uses.
Some of the more common reasons to request a Fair Market Value Appraisal are:
- For the re-sale of a used item.
- Equitable division of property in the dissolution of marriage.
- Equitable division of property in the distribution of an estate.
- Trust and Estate planning.
- Estate tax liability.
- Charitable contributions.
While each type of Fair Market Value Appraisal may have some limitations and differences in it’s use, all Fair Market Appraisals will contain:
- Detailed description of the item.
- Gemological description of stones including measurements and estimated weights.
- Quality descriptions of stones using industry accepted standards.
- Any detected treatments or enhancements to the stones.
- Metal type and purity including weight.
- Jewelry condition and construction method.
- Digital photographs showing design and style elements.
Expert Jewelry Appraisers are available by appointment only, at your preferred location. Please call to schedule an appointment.